Commercial Duct Cleaning
Here at SERVPRO of Union County we are available for your commercial needs when it comes to duct cleanings.
We service the entire three counties in our franchise territory. We have performed numerous duct cleanings during our years of service.
We have a team that can assist you in the cleaning of the duct systems at your business.
Give us a call today at 704-764-3216 to schedule for our estimator to come out and access the duct systems at your office, warehouse or distribution sites. We will perform the assessment, offer and detailed estimate on the cleaning and review the cleaning process.
Once the estimate has been approved, scheduling is usually done within the same week of approval.
So get your office ready for spring and summer, and give us a call today.
Carpet Cleaning Tips
SERVPRO of Union County offers carpet cleaning services to residential or commercial companies. When it comes to carpet stains be sure to attend to the situation as soon as possible. The longer a stain sits, the harder it is to remove. Here are some helpful hints on spot cleaning carpets:
Always pre-test before you begin cleaning! Choose an inconspicuous spot to use your cleaning solution. Dampen a white cloth with your cleaning solution, and blot carpet and inspect carefully for dye transfer or other changes in appearance.
Food – Drinks – Blood
Rinse the area with hot water and blot with a clean white towel. Mix 1 tablespoon of #485 StainZap into 16 oz. of hot water and apply to the affected area. Allow to dry 15 to 30 minutes and the stain should “disappear”. Rinse the area thoroughly with water and blot dry.
Scrape or blot up the excess spill. Dampen a sponge with a carpet and upholstery cleaner, and blot the area with your sponge until the residue is removed. If some color remains, follow the outline above for food and drink.
Urine – Feces
Rinse the area with hot water and blot dry. Apply a carpet and upholstery cleaner to a sponge and apply to the affected area. Blot up with a damp towel. If an odor persists, apply an odor and stain remove product. If the stain remains, follow up with the steps outlined for food and drinks.
Candle wax – Nail polish
For wax, melt and absorb wax with a warm iron over an absorbent cloth and blot with SERVPRO Solvent Spotter. For nail polish, blot with a non acetate nail polish remover until the stain is gone.
Cosmetics – Ink
Rinse the area with hot water and blot. Apply a carpet and upholstery cleaner to the area and blot it dry. If any stain remains, follow up with the steps outlined above for food and drink.
If all else fails...let the professionals handle those carpets while you relax!! Call your local SERVPRO today at 704-764-3216
Cleaning and Restoring Damaged Items
Fire and water emergencies can bring homeowners many checklists, worries, and questions. The question of whether they will have to replace all clothing and textile items may plague many homeowners. During the process of cleaning and restoring, personal items and valuables are sorted to determine what is salvageable and what is not. Cleaning salvageable items is a part of the restoration process.
Traditional washing machines, home-owned or industrial, do not have the capability to properly clean water, mold, or fire damaged clothing. The Esporta Washing System cleans twice as much than a dry cleaner can. The Esporta cleans 90% of all damaged soft contents including clothing, bedding, stuffed animals, leather shoes or purses, and more.
The Esporta Washing System uses a hydraulic cleaning method. This method uses water as pressure to force contaminants out of any items. This system differs from a traditional washing machine, as a traditional machine uses blades or paddles to press against the items, proving to be ineffective against organic or inorganic contaminants.
The detergent used in the cleaning process is also what sets this washing system apart from other methods. The proprietary detergent is harsh on contaminants but gentle on the environment. The blend is free of any hazardous chemicals, proving to be kind to those using the washed items, anyone operating the machine, and to our planet.
SERVPRO of Union County has accessibility to the Esporta it gives us an edge on our competitors in providing quick, quality service and ensuring as much of our customer’s contents are restored. Restoring and cleaning your salvageable items usually helps to expedite the process of dealing with an insurance claim and returning back to your normal life. SERVPRO of Union County also eases the worries and many steps that comes with a fire or water damage emergency. We offer inspection, cleaning of both buildings and items, along with restoration.
For your next fire or water damage emergency, contact the pros at SERVPRO of Union County at 704-764-3216
Removing Tobacco Odors In Your Home
The smell of cigarette smoke can permeate a home and give it a stale smell. Thirdhand smoke refers to smoke that settles onto surfaces of your home and they remain long after smoke has ceased. If you have recently quit smoking or have moved into a home where the former residents smoked indoors, you may be exposed to this type of passive smoke. Smoking also causes hundreds of deaths each year due to fires. Regardless of the reason behind your cigarette removal need, home deodorization is high on your list of priorities. If you have allergies or asthma, cigarette smoke can be especially irritating.
This odor can be difficult to remove. This is because cigarettes leave behind
- Toxic and irritating gases
- Tar vapors
- Smoke residue
Cigarettes produce toxic and irritating gases such as phenol, ammonia gases and carbon monoxide. They also release tar vapors that become sticky. These vapors, residues and gases are able to travel everywhere.
Ozone, or O3, is one of the few home deodorization techniques that actually works to combat this. That is because an ozone generator eliminates odor by oxidizing the air. The oxidized air is circulated through the air just as smoke is and so is able to get to all the places cigarette smoke does, effectively getting rid of the smelly residue.
If you have a smelly home, you can hire SERVPRO of Union County that can help you identify the source and eliminate the problem. Many odors can be removed without a trace. Although cigarette smoke is one of the most offensive and prevalent odors, it is not the only one. Home deodorization can also include pet odors, mold growth, spill odors and other foul smells.
Oxidization is just one of many ways specialist might remove offensive smells. Sometimes special equipment and treatments are necessary to clean air ducts, carpets, upholstery and hard surfaces.
If cigarette smoke is the culprit, all of these surfaces and areas must be deodorized for your home to smell fresh and clean again. If you are feeling overwhelmed, you might benefit from a trained odor specialist at SERVPRO of Union County
Call us today, 704.764.3216 to schedule an estimate, SERVPRO of Union County
If you're in a building:
- Have a portable radio for weather alerts and updates nearby.
- Get to the lowest level of your home, such as a basement or storm cellar. If you don't have a basement, go to an inner hallway or a closet.
- Keep away from all windows and glass doorways.
- Do not use elevators because the power may turn-off, leaving you trapped inside.
- Cover your head and eyes with a blanket or jacket to protect against flying debris and broken glass.
- Keep pets on a leash or in a crate close by.
- Stay inside until you're certain the storm has passed!
- Do not leave a building to attempt to "escape" a tornado.
If you're in a mobile home:
- Do not stay in a mobile home during a tornado. Even mobile homes equipped with tie-down systems cannot withstand the force of a tornado's winds.
- Heed all local watches and warnings, and leave your mobile home to seek shelter as quickly as possible before a tornado strikes, preferably in a nearby building with a basement.
- If no shelter is immediately available, find the lowest-lying area near you and lie down in it, covering your head with your hands.
Emergency Water Damage
SERVPRO of Union County will respond to your emergency water call 24 Hours a day.
- 24 hour on call staff
- 24 hour answering service
- Rapid Response time
- Large Loss
- Insurance company communication
SERVPRO of Union County has a team of experienced personnel that is on call 24 hours a day to be on site as soon as possible to handle your emergency water issues. We will be at your home ready for the water extraction and removal of any damaged materials affected by the water. We will set all the necessary equipment to make sure that dry the home out as soon as we can.
Feel free to call us at 704-764-3216
Prevent Fires This Summer!
Summer is usually filled with cook outs, BBQs, and family get-togethers! While this is fun it also brings the possibility of fire hazards. Here are a few precautions we can take!
Precautions to take while grilling Propane:
- Stay alert when grilling. Avoid grilling when you are tired or have consumed too much alcohol.
- Do Not leave your grill unattended.
- Keep the grill in a place that is free from flammable items and away from porch rails, and low lying branches.
- Keep children and pets as far away from the grill as possible
- Check the gas tank hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year.
NOTE: A light soap & water solution applied to the hose is a great way to check for leaks. You can often smell a propane leak, but propane will also release bubbles when the soap and water solution is applied. If you detect a leak, turn the gas tank and grill off. If the leak stops, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again. If the leak does not stop, call the fire department.
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before igniting.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately move away from the grill and call the fire department. Do not move the grill.
- If the flames go out for any reason, turn the grill and gas off and wait at least 15 minutes before re-lighting it.
- Keep your grill clean by regularly removing grease or fat buildup from the grates and trays below.
Charcoal grill safety tips to consider:
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquid to the flames.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- Electric charcoal starters do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container with a lid.
Be Vacation Ready
Going on vacation should be relaxing and worry-free which is why it is important to make sure your house is secure before you leave for your trip. Be SERVPRO ready so you don’t come back to damages in your home. Here are some tips for preparing your home:
Make Arrangements with an Emergency Contact
- Choose a close friend or neighbor you trust as your emergency contact and provide them with all of your itinerary information in case they need to contact you.
- A timer on lights will give the impression someone is home.
- Leave written directions for alarm codes, doors, or other information needed to properly care for your home.
- Make sure your mail is collected; burglars often look for homes with overflowing mail.
- The Post office can suspend your mail and deliver the day you get back. Just call your local Post Office for information.
Take plumbing and electric precautions
- Prevent leaks and floods from damaging your home by shutting off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliances.
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher.
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages which could potentially cause a disastrous fire.
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Adjust your thermostat for the season in the winter 55-60 in the summer 75-80 should help control usage.
Right before you leave
- Notify your security company that you are leaving town.
- Take out the kitchen trash and other trash that could get smelly or grow mold.
- Go on one last walk through of your home to secure windows, blinds, fences, doors, and plugs. This will ensure all entries are safe from hazardous obstructions.
If you come back from vacation and encounter damage within your home, call SERVPRO of Union County at 704-764-3216!
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Union County
SERVPRO of Union County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Union County is here to help. Call us 24/7 for emergency service at (704) 764-3216.
For more about SERVPRO of Union County click HERE
For Immediate Service in Union County, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Union County is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 704-764-3216
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services HERE.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration